Yes that’s right.. tomorrow night, yours truly will be in nets facing off against the one and only Guy LaFleur, one of the most naturally gifted and popular hockey players to ever skate on frozen ice.
He will be joined by his ‘Montreal Alumni’ friends, namely:
- Stephane Richer (1984-1991 & 1996-98, 9 Seasons with the Habs)
- Yvon Lambert (1972-1981, 10 Seasons with the Habs)
- Richard Sevigny (Goalie, 1979-1984, 5 Seasons with the Habs)
- Sergio Momesso (1983-87, 4 Seasons with the Habs)
- Serge Boisvert ( 1983-87, 4 Seasons with the Habs)
- Alain Cote (1990-92, 3 Seasons with the Habs)
- Karl Dykhuis (1999-2004, 5 Seasons with the Habs)
- Gilbert Dionne (1990-1995, 6 Seasons with the Habs)
- Gilbert Delhorme (1981-84, 3 Seasons with the Habs)
- Mario Roberge (1990-95, 5 Seasons with the Habs)
Sadly, if you look at a few of the more resent alumni, they aren’t THAT many years post-retirement or whatever and you know what this means right? Yeah, me too.. I’m in for a lot of shots – and quality ones. It’s also been word that the players which are opposing these guys are a lot of former pro level hockey players as well (some of which I’ve played with recently and I can tell you are VERY good athletes) – so that should just increase the level and quality of play. Fun stuff!
Fortunately for me, I’ll be sharing the duties of goaltender with Stu Dunn, one of my good friends and one hell of a goaltender in his own right.
It should be a very good time, and an entertaining evening for certain. Tickets can be had for $20 which actually mostly goes to charity – so it’s a good cause and a great way to spend a Thursday evening. If you wanted tickets, fire me off an email
My only problem with this game is that my older brother may get a kick out of the fact that after all those years of me teasing him that “even I could stop Guy LaFleur on a breakaway”.. that I’m finally getting my chance to put my money where my mouth is. By the way, I wouldn’t bet against Guy.